Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Home Away From Home!

We love it when people write to us and share their stories about their time spent at In-Sync Exotics.  We received one such letter and after reading it, we knew we had to share it with you! The letter is from Robin Gibson, an In-Sync Exotics volunteer, and she wrote to us about how much she missed In-Sync Exotics while she was away from us for about three months on medical leave.  

So without further ado, here's Robin's story!

After being out for medical reasons for over three months, last month I started back (just to shadow ) to make sure I even remembered how everything was done.  Sure enough, there were lots of things I had forgotten.  You would think after doing something over and over for two years, you could just pick right up where you left off.  Right?  But no.  I forgot little things-- important things--like checking and netting the tub in Mane Street playground, which happened to have a dead mouse in it.  So after letting Amol out on the playground, we had to return him to his quarters, just so I could do what should have done in the first place, and then let him back out again. 

Also, I had forgotten how much WORK it is to clean cages.  After hosing my first cage, I was ready to sit down for a break.  I can’t believe how soft I’ve gotten in just a short amount of time.  I didn’t realize how fast things can change around here, especially procedures.  When you’re here every week, you just don’t notice when a change occurs, but try being gone (just three months) and it’s almost like starting completely over from scratch. 

And then, there are all the new faces (animal and human) to learn. Usually, when we get a new cat or volunteer, I meet him or her within a day or two after arrival. But now, I’m meeting and trying to get to know all the new faces at once, which can feel a little overwhelming. And don’t get me started on how quick the babies grew up in my absence.  Before I left, little Gideon used to fit in the palm of my hand and now he’s larger than my lap! It surprised and saddened me to see all I've missed in such a short amount of time. It’s also made me aware of just how much I LOVE and MISSED my second home!
 
Needless to say, we are very happy to have Robin back!  A lot has happened in the last several months as one can see by all our past blog postings. While the blog tries to keep up with all the changes, it's not really the same as actually being at In-Sync Exotics (but we try real hard to make it feel like you are there!).  We hope our former volunteers and interns, who are no longer at In-Sync Exotics, enjoy our blog postings so they don't feel like they are too far from their "home away from home."

Christmas Countdown!

One of our Facebook followers asked if we knew of any Cafepress discounts available at this time.  We've been checking two sites for discount coupons (RetailMeNot and FreeShipping) and as of yesterday evening, there were no coupons available.  BUT, coupons are posted without notice, so you will want to check these two sites for discounts that can be applied towards In-Sync Exotics' apparel, Christmas gifts and cards, mugs, stadium blankets, and so forth.  The Christmas ornaments and stockings are really cute this year!


Did you know that you can personalize our latest Christmas Card creation featuring Sabu and Jynxie?  Click HERE for the link to this adorable Christmas Card (your blog mistress purchased the Sabu and Jynxie postcards and they are really, really adorable!).  This card is the only one with the "personalized" feature.  

12-Days Until Bake Sale!


Are you ready to have your tummy tempted by some fabulous Christmas goodies?  Make note on your calendar to attend a very special one-day baking extravaganza on Monday, December 17th at the Premier Place Building, Dallas, Texas!  Click HERE for a map to the bake sale!

Need more details about this great event that benefits the animals?  Click HERE for our flier!





2013 In-Sync Exotic Calendars!

Buy. One. Today.  Enough said!  (See our "commercial announcement" for details)

We hope you enjoyed today's blog posting! Be sure to check back tomorrow for more fun and informative information about our exotic cats and their friends of In-Sync Exotics! Don't forget to let us know your reaction to this posting by clicking on one of the reaction buttons below--and share this blog posting with others please ~ Thank you!

>^..^<


3 comments:

  1. We hope lots of folks will come down for the bake sale! It's an easy trip down 75 to get here.

    We just added two sugar-free items to our menu, in addition to gluten-free and vegan items, as well as lots of goodies that are just pure decadence!

    One important note: everything we raise is being matched dollar for dollar, so if you can't make the sale and want to send a donation, send it to us so it can be doubled! You'll make your check out to In-Sync, but mail it to my office. Email me at kittybakesale@hotmail.com with any questions!

    Please spread the word to everyone you know...come to the bake sale and do your Christmas shopping!! :) For the big wild ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss going there....I can't wait for Christmas season to be over! It sucks being in retail and not being able to see my kitties! ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you too Robin! Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete